Thursday, February 9, 2012
the versatile blogger award - thank you Canning Granny!
Today I received a big surprise when I opened my email and saw a message from Pam of Canning Granny. She's given me the Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank you Pam!
I am so honored that Pam thought my blog worthy to follow, especially since I've been less than timely in adding posts lately.
Here are the RULES for the Versatile Blogger Award-
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are SEVEN random things about me...
1. I was very active in 4-H as a youth and raised a market lamb and several market steers.
2. When I left home at 18 to go off to college I vowed I'd never go back to a rural lifestyle.
3. Now I dream of owning my own farm some day and raising sheep.
4. I'm a fan of BBC historical programs, but since we don't have cable tv or satellite tv I have to wait and watch them later via Netflix.
5. I love challenging myself by trying new things.
6. I love to learn and teach myself something new nearly every week.
7. I was active in community theatre and high school theatre as a youth. I even took an acting class in college.
Below is my selection of fifteen blogs that I follow and find worthy of reading.
You'll see that I have eclectic tastes and the selection of blogs I've included demonstrate the variety of interests I hold. It was challenging for me to choose just 15 because my reader has over 100 blogs in it that I subscribe to and I receive updates via email from several more. I have learned so much from this list of blogs. I hope you'll enjoy getting to know the bloggers and their work!
1. Suburbhomestead's Blog
2. Living the Frugal Life
3. Ramblings of a Happy Homemaker
4. Rational Living
5. The Rustic Kitchen
6. Wild Roots Homestead
7. Backwoods Mom
8. Natural Suburbia
9. Real-Life Homes
10. The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking
11. Northwest Edible Life
12. Escaping to my Happy Place
13. Greenbean's Crafterole
14. Country Kids
15. Wabi-Sabi Wanderings
- A 40 something mama meandering through life with an eclectic 21 year old boy-man (the boy), an 8 year old girl (big girl) who is a ball of lightening, and a 4 year old girl (baby girl) who brightens our lives with her smiles. I'm grounded by my 40 something husband and partner (the hubster) whose quirky mannerisms brighten my days.
I've been a single mama, married mama, divorced mama, career mama, SAHM, and WAHM. There was a short time of my life when I wasn't a mama, but that was a LONG time ago!
I hold an AA, BS, and MA and most say I'm wasting them by devoting my intellectual capabilities and energy in the nurture of the wee ones that I've been entrusted to raise, but there is nothing else I'd rather be doing these days. :)
I love hearing from readers, so please share your thoughts and leave comments, too!