Rumor has it that the big girl will be the lucky recipient of an American Girl 18" doll on her birthday at the end of August.
In preparation for the doll's arrival I've been scouting out free online patterns for doll clothing, accessories and furniture. I thought I'd make some to go with the new doll.
I've assembled a list of the links I've found.
Please, if you know of any more that I didn't find, please leave the url in the comments section and I'll add them to the body of the post. TIA!
18" American Girl or similar doll free clothing patterns and/or tutorials
1. Several different dresses to fit 18" American Girl dolls
2. No Sew Doll Dress
3. PDF wardrobe sewing patterns for Addy, Samantha, Felicity, Josefina, Kirsten, and Molly
4. Old Fashioned Long Sleeve Dress Pattern
5. Tutu Costume
7. Doll Skirt from Recycled Fabric
8. Skirt Construction
9. Costume Bodice Pattern
10. Dress with Pinafore
11. City Dresses
12. Holiday Dresses
14. Prairie Dress
15. Flower Girl Dress
18" American Girl or similar doll free accessory patterns and/or tutorials
1. Altered Tin - doll purse made from Altoids tin
2. American Girl Doll Tote Bag
3. American Girl Doll Sized Hair Bands
4. Sleeping Bag
5. American Girl Doll Sized Purse
6. Doll Tent
8. Boots for your 18" doll
18" American Girl or similar doll free furniture and home decorating patterns and/or tutorials
1. Pillowcases, flat sheets, blankets, and quilts for 18" dolls
2. Historical quilts for 18" American Girl or similar dolls
3. Easy Strip Doll Quilt
4. Doll Dresser
5. Doll Bed
6. Doll Shoe Holder
- A 40 something mama meandering through life an 8 year old girl (the big girl) who is a ball of lightening and a 5 year old girl (the baby girl) who brightens our lives with her smiles. I'm grounded by my 40 something husband and partner (the hubster) whose quirky mannerisms brighten my days. Our family is rounded out with with an eclectic 21 year old boy-man (the boy) who I hardly ever right about now since he's off starting his own life.
I've been a single mama, married mama, divorced mama, career mama, SAHM, and WAHM. There was a short time of my life when I wasn't a mama, but that was a LONG time ago!
I hold an AA, BS, and MA and most say I'm wasting them by devoting my intellectual capabilities and energy in the nurture of the wee ones that I've been entrusted to raise, but there is nothing else I'd rather be doing these days. :)
I love hearing from readers, so please share your thoughts and leave comments, too!