These are blog posts that made me think, inspired me, entertained me, helped me learn, or just made me smile.
Here are this week's top picks.
1. Living the Frugal Life - Harvest Meal: Rabbit Stew
2. Simple Bites - The Best Do-Ahead Breakfast Foods
3. Modern Stronghold - Societal Collapse: Bugging Out Considerations
4. Midwife: Sage Femme, Hebamme, Comadrona, Partera - Thoughts on Occiput Posterior positioning
5. Counting Coconuts - Homemade Spinny Speller Tutorial & Giveaway
6. Holy Experience - The Later Harvest: How to Ensure Your Life Yields Plenty
7. ikat bag - Of All Places
8. Sew, Mama, Sew! - Sewing Clothes? Get the Right Tools!
9. Life Less Plastic - Worm Composting: I've Finally Gone and Done It
10. The Adventure Learning Company - Shannon Hayes Has Got Me Thinking
11. Down to Earth - Work is directly related to what we need
12. peaceful parenting - Dangerous Delivery Shows Peril of Multiple C-Sections
13. Daily Survival - Emergency Survival Rations - Pemmican Recipe
14. Homegrown Evolution - Made by Hand
15. The Train to Crazy - Make It, Wear It!
16. peaceful parenting - Free Formula Samples [NEVER] Save the Day
17. Mama Birth - ACOG SUCKS, and I Hate Them
18. Doctor Prepper's Family Preparedness Journal - Keeping it Simple: The Case for Whole Wheat
19. American Preppers Network - 50 reasons to prepare
20. Journal of Natural Food and Healing - ALERT: Wisconsin Family Food Ministries Raided for Raw Milk - Defying Orders
21. Livin' the Dream - A Land of Plenty....
22. Livin' the Dream - Canning Butter
23. Mennonite Girls Can Cook - Four Layer Chocolate Dessert
24. Cheese Press - Cheese for Hot Summer Days
- A 40 something mama meandering through life an 8 year old girl (the big girl) who is a ball of lightening and a 5 year old girl (the baby girl) who brightens our lives with her smiles. I'm grounded by my 40 something husband and partner (the hubster) whose quirky mannerisms brighten my days. Our family is rounded out with with an eclectic 21 year old boy-man (the boy) who I hardly ever right about now since he's off starting his own life.
I've been a single mama, married mama, divorced mama, career mama, SAHM, and WAHM. There was a short time of my life when I wasn't a mama, but that was a LONG time ago!
I hold an AA, BS, and MA and most say I'm wasting them by devoting my intellectual capabilities and energy in the nurture of the wee ones that I've been entrusted to raise, but there is nothing else I'd rather be doing these days. :)
I love hearing from readers, so please share your thoughts and leave comments, too!