These are blog posts that made me think, inspired me, entertained me, helped me learn, or just made me smile.
Here are this week's top picks.
1. The Survival Mom - A Family Preparedness Assignment: The 30 Minute Evacuation
2. Health, Home, and Happiness - Review: HOKY Sweeper - Powerless Crumb Picker Upper for Your Home! (we don't have a HOKY brand sweeper, but we also swear by a sweeper for ease of use - and remember to empty it after each use!)
3. Simple, Green, Frugal Co-op - Mason Jar Kids' Cups (this is SUCH a brilliant idea - glass juice jars with a lid for kids' use)
4. Mom's Frugal - Chocolate Covered Creme-filled Doughnuts (anyone who really knows me would understand why this is included in the list)
5. unschool plus - playing with yarn, part 1 (handspinning)
6. Living the Frugal Life - Drying Comfrey
7. Mom's Frugal - Weekend Baking - to make the week a little easier... (great tips and recipe links for bulk baking)
8. Little House in the Suburbs - Save Money with a Supply Journal
9. unschool plus - playing with yarn, part 2 (finger knitting)
10. Schell Urban Homestead - Thrifty Thursday: Reusable Produce Bags - For FREE!
11. Mennonite Girls Can Cook - Rhubarb Meringue Pie
12. Moms in Need of Mercy - My Husband's My Hero
13. SurvivalBlog.com - Some Tips and Tricks on Raising Meat Rabbits
14. Marvelous Kiddo - Breastfeeding in Vogue
15. Marvelous Kiddo - More Breastfeeding in Vogue
16. Keeper of the Home - How to Find Local Sources of Meat
17. Such Treasures - Crockpot Castile Soap
- A 40 something mama meandering through life an 8 year old girl (the big girl) who is a ball of lightening and a 5 year old girl (the baby girl) who brightens our lives with her smiles. I'm grounded by my 40 something husband and partner (the hubster) whose quirky mannerisms brighten my days. Our family is rounded out with with an eclectic 21 year old boy-man (the boy) who I hardly ever right about now since he's off starting his own life.
I've been a single mama, married mama, divorced mama, career mama, SAHM, and WAHM. There was a short time of my life when I wasn't a mama, but that was a LONG time ago!
I hold an AA, BS, and MA and most say I'm wasting them by devoting my intellectual capabilities and energy in the nurture of the wee ones that I've been entrusted to raise, but there is nothing else I'd rather be doing these days. :)
I love hearing from readers, so please share your thoughts and leave comments, too!