You know how some people do pictoral "a day in the life" posts? I dream of doing that and never, ever remember to take enough photos.
Here are some of the things we did yesterday:
Cut out pad tops to start my big store re-stocking
Sewed up some mini pads
The big girl played with little people (baby girl did too, but she had left the room by the time I thought to pick up the camera)
Folded some laundry
Activities not pictured:
- blogged a bit
- caught up on email
- prepared for a Local Foods Association steering club meeting to be held next week
- scripture study
- cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- trimmed rose bush
- went on a walk with the Hubster and the kids
- washed three loads of laundry
- used the carpet sweeper on the dining room and living room carpet - twice! (can I whine about how much I hate granola crumbs?)
- nursed the toddler
- watched Mad Men dvd while the toddler napped in my arms in the rocking chair
- watched the girls play outside on their slide and drawing with sidewalk chalk
And much, much more happened that I didn't take photos of and really can't remember without a whole lotta thought. Not really into that sort of thought this morning. LOL
We're off to walk to the library and who knows what else we'll do.
How was your day yesterday?
- A 40 something mama meandering through life an 8 year old girl (the big girl) who is a ball of lightening and a 5 year old girl (the baby girl) who brightens our lives with her smiles. I'm grounded by my 40 something husband and partner (the hubster) whose quirky mannerisms brighten my days. Our family is rounded out with with an eclectic 21 year old boy-man (the boy) who I hardly ever right about now since he's off starting his own life.
I've been a single mama, married mama, divorced mama, career mama, SAHM, and WAHM. There was a short time of my life when I wasn't a mama, but that was a LONG time ago!
I hold an AA, BS, and MA and most say I'm wasting them by devoting my intellectual capabilities and energy in the nurture of the wee ones that I've been entrusted to raise, but there is nothing else I'd rather be doing these days. :)
I love hearing from readers, so please share your thoughts and leave comments, too!