Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sewn Gifts for Tweens & Teens

It's no secret that my preferred artistic/creative outlet is sewing. So don't be surprised that most of my Handmade Holiday gift suggestions involve sewing. ;)

I'm working hard to dig out some that are suitable for the sewing impaired, but here in Mootown we keep my serger and two sewing machines right in the dining room so I can hop on and off easily when the muse strikes.

Most of the projects I'll be featuring during the Handmade Holiday series are also projects I bookmarked as ones I'd like to complete some time. Don't ask how many I've gotten around to completing - please.

Today's offerings of Handmade Holiday suggestions are for the younger crowd - the Tweens and Teens, to be exact. This is, for me at least, the *most* challenging group to create gifts for and thus, the first list up.

*drumroll, please*

1.Rice Bag- from Quiltbug.com

2.Flannel Rag Quilt- by Jen Yu

3.Reusable Fabric Snack Bags- from Sewing Mamas

4. Journal/Book Cover- from McCall’s

5.Lined Cylinder Bag/Purse- from McCall’s

6.Wrap skirt- from the archives of the blog Home Grown

7.Knitting Basket from a repurposed sweater– featured on Tipnut

8.Roll-up crochet hook case- from the blog PlanetJune

9.Notebook & Pencil Holder- from the blog One Red Robin

10.Knitting Needle Case- from the blog Multicrafty

11.Fabric Gift Box- from eHow

12.Craft Apron- from the blog creative little daisy

13.Owl Tree Ornament- from Anna Marie Horner’s blog

14.Trim Box- from the blog all buttoned up

15.Apron- from Michelle Cicada’s blog Cicada Daydream

16.Needle Book– from the blog Nini Makes

17.Scrap Belt– from Jessica Levitt’s blog Juicy Bits

18.Camera Cozy– from the blog Sew-Mad

19.Storage Crate Slipcover– from Laura Gunn’s blog Paint in My Hair

20.Margaret Sling Bag– from Elizabeth Hartman’s blog Oh, Fransson!

21.Snap Box- from the blog my little mochi

22.Ipod Cozy– from Julie Ree’s blog julieree

23.CD Pocket– from the blog Mushroom Villagers

24.Artist’s Paintbrush Roll- from the blog Bored and Crafty

25.Guitar Bag/Purse– from the blog Bored and Crafty

26.Ipod Nano Pouch– from the blog Made by Petchy


Hey, if you actually get around to completing one of these how about taking a pic or two and letting us know? Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moo said the mama reserves the right to remove any comment that we deem snarky, malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. We have thick skin here in Mootown but want this blog to be a pleasant destination for all ages.

I also wanted to let you know that I read each and every comment that comes in! I want to reply to them all, too - but alas, life interferes. Please don't be offended if I didn't have the time to personally reply to a comment you left.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Earthy Mama Goods

About Me

My Photo
A 40 something mama meandering through life an 8 year old girl (the big girl) who is a ball of lightening and a 5 year old girl (the baby girl) who brightens our lives with her smiles. I'm grounded by my 40 something husband and partner (the hubster) whose quirky mannerisms brighten my days. Our family is rounded out with with an eclectic 21 year old boy-man (the boy) who I hardly ever right about now since he's off starting his own life.

I've been a single mama, married mama, divorced mama, career mama, SAHM, and WAHM. There was a short time of my life when I wasn't a mama, but that was a LONG time ago!

I hold an AA, BS, and MA and most say I'm wasting them by devoting my intellectual capabilities and energy in the nurture of the wee ones that I've been entrusted to raise, but there is nothing else I'd rather be doing these days. :)

I love hearing from readers, so please share your thoughts and leave comments, too!